- Contact Center English Language
Synchronize Your Files When Work From Home with OneDrive
13 May 2020
Work From Home is currently being intensively carried out by various companies considering the policies made by the government related to social distancing to reduce the spread of coronavirus that occur in Indonesia. Surely this is a challenge for the company and its employees to remain productive even though it is limited by distance. Real-time collaboration requires that all team members must be in one place simultaneously which is not possible when working from home as it is today. Tools are needed to help companies and employees communicate and coordinate so that work continues to run smoothly and productively.
One of the tools that you need is a cloud-based storage on the Internet. The cloud is changing the way we work together. Your employees can contribute to a project simultaneously wherever and whenever they are. They can share opinions, make suggestions, and ask questions without having to worry about working on old because the internet connection will automatically update it anytime. One of the cloud service providers is Microsoft OneDrive. Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud computing service similar to Dropbox and Google Drive that can make users upload and synchronize files or documents to a cloud storage to be accessed via the web or certain devices. Microsoft OneDrive is a product from Microsoft that allows users to save personal files or office documents and also share them with people in contact. Microsoft OneDrive can connect with Microsoft 365 so that it can connect you to all files, allowing you to share and work together from anywhere safely.
OneDrive uses website facilities as well as applications for desktop and smartphones, making it easier for you to access wherever and whenever. Functionally, the most beneficial of OneDrive is integrated with the Microsoft ecosystem, one of which is Microsoft 365 (Read: Microsoft 365 for Productive and Effective Activities When Working From Home). OneDrive provides an initial free storage quota of 5GB, but for Microsoft 365 users, you will get a storage quota of 1TB.
Various features of Microsoft OneDrive simplify your work, one of which is Folder Protection, which you can use to choose the Documents, Pictures and Desktop folders on your laptop or PC to be automatically backed up. This Microsoft OneDrive feature is very useful for you who use a different laptop or device because all of these folders will always be connected or synchronized via your Microsoft OneDrive account so that it helps you to stay productive wherever and whenever you want. Other benefits and features of Microsoft OneDrive are:
- Access anywhere. OneDrive allows you to easily store, access and find work files shared and shared with colleagues from all your devices. Offline editing can also be synchronized automatically when you are online.
- Easy collaboration. OneDrive helps you to get work done faster and easier with your coworkers. You can share files, edit files, and work together in real-time safely using Office Apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint on websites, mobile phones, and desktops anytime and anywhere.
- The best security. By using OneDrive, you can protect and back up your files. You can restore files that may have been accidentally deleted in the Recycle Bin, making it easier for you when you want to see the data that we deleted or when you want to access the data that was accidentally deleted again. If there is a malicious attack from the internet, and the administrator can manage the security of your data in helping secure the information you have. Microsoft also applies several features that guarantee the security of your data such as virus scanning or data encryption.
- Display that is simple and easy to understand. OneDrive has a more organized and suitable display to make it easier for us to see the impact of your performance with others. A simple display with a number of navigation menus that are easy to understand makes you also easier and faster to know what is needed.
- Better video sharing version. OneDrive has an enhanced video sharing feature. If other users want to access a video, OneDrive will automatically detect the internet speed that the user has and adjust it to the quality of the existing video. If the connection is slow, the video quality will drop. And if the connection is good, the quality will be improved. This adds to your comfort when enjoying video content in any condition.
Microsoft OneDrive has a few packages for personal and business. For personal packages, you will get OneDrive Basic 5GB for free. Here’s the personal OneDrive package:
- OneDrive 100GB
- Microsoft 365 Personal
- Microsoft 365 Family
Microsoft OneDrive also provides OneDrive for Business. OneDrive for Business is a cloud based storage for business uses. Your OneDrive for Business is managed by your own company and allows you to share and view documents with coworkers where you can keep things in check yourself. The following is the OneDrive for Business package:
- OneDrive for Business 1
- OneDrive for Business 2
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard
Useful and beneficial features provided by OneDrive vary and makes this service the choice of various leading companies in the world. According to Microsoft’s webpage, several companies use OneDrive, such as Chevron, Nestle, Good Year, DBS Bank, and the list goes on. It's time for your company to also use OneDrive for a collaborative and secure data storage at low prices, especially when you're working from home as it is today.
VADS Indonesia can help you in providing OneDrive bundled with Microsoft 365. By using services from VADS Indonesia, you will get on-site support and onboarding users who are certified and ready to assist you in 24x7 to help you work using Microsoft 365 especially using and managing OneDrive. Contact us at email@example.com for technical support to meet your needs to increase productivity and save your business costs during Work From Home. Increase your productivity while #DiRumahAja now with Microsoft 365 from VADS Indonesia. For more information, click www.vads.co.id.