- Contact Center English Language
Microsoft Teams Features for More Productive Work From Home
10 May 2020
The more outbreak of Coronavirus (Covid-19), the government has appealed to people in Indonesia to reduce activities outside the home, one of which to implement is Work From Home (WFH) policy. Supporting services are needed to maintain employee productivity in order to stay in touch when working from home. To facilitate communication and coordination and improve work performance productivity and work from home activities between companies and employees and employees with fellow colleagues, applications such as video conferencing and collaboration platforms are needed to help connect with each other.
Microsoft Teams can be your mainstay to help expedite your Work From Home activities. Microsoft Teams is one of the applications part of Microsoft 365 that is intended for work activities. Based on data from Dailysocial.id, Microsoft Teams gained a significant surge of new users during the Work From Home period in various parts of the world. In April 2020 there were 75 million active daily users with up to 200 million participants used in the meeting a day. As for comparison, Zoom application claims the 300 million figure and Google Meet number 100 million meeting participants in a day. This number has increased from March 2020 which has 44 million active daily users.
Microsoft Teams targets the segmentation of professional users who need applications for digital collaboration that can be accessed on various platforms. Microsoft Teams can be accessed via laptops, Macs, Windows, and also a mobile version available for Android and iOS so that you can easily be updated anytime, anywhere. By using Microsoft Teams, you can create groups according to your needs and support integration with various other applications. Other reliable Microsoft Teams features such as instant messaging, voice calls, video calls, various documents, online meetings, and so on. You can also record your online meeting activities to then be used as supporting information for your work. The process of using it is quite easy because it has been integrated with Microsoft 365. In addition, Microsoft Teams also has a sophisticated security system so there is no need to worry about data leaks that you have. Other Microsoft Teams features that you can experience are as follows:
- Complete Messaging Solution. The messaging or chat feature is a core feature of Microsoft Teams. This feature is a professional messaging solution that is integrated with various devices with message support through text, audio, and also video calls. You can easily create a channel for work teams based on the type of project being worked on. You can also insert images, stickers, emojis in chat so that your messaging experience can be more enjoyable. Microsoft Teams also makes it easy for you to share files in various formats such as zip, pdf, docx, pptx, or other file extensions in large quantities. In addition, you can also connect Microsoft Teams with Skype for Business, making conference calls easy and convenient.
- Fully integrated with Microsoft 365. Microsoft Teams can easily be connected to several applications available in Microsoft 365 such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. In addition, you will get 1TB of cloud storage on Microsoft OneDrive per user. The integration of Microsoft Teams with Microsoft 365 includes messaging in the Microsoft 365 window, so you don't need to go back and forth to open applications while using Microsoft Teams because all editing activities can be monitored by anyone and easily so that they can reach decisions faster and more efficiently. (Read : Microsoft 365 for Productive and Effective Activities When Work From Home)
- There are many add-ins. There are a variety of additional applications or add-ins that can be easily connected to Microsoft Teams through the Microsoft Store such as Adobe Creative Cloud, MURAL, WebEngage, YellowAnt, and Egnyte.
- Present on Various Platforms. Microsoft Teams is available on a variety of platforms such as can be used on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS laptops so that work becomes smoother. All changes contained in the Microsoft Teams account will appear in the form of notifications so that sending messages and making video calls becomes easier.
- Real Time Noise Reduction. This Microsoft Teams feature in real time can minimize background noise that can interfere with your activities. In addition, this feature can allow users to hear more clearly what was said during a virtual meeting.
- "Raise Hand". This Microsoft Teams feature allows anyone in a meeting to send a visual signal that they have something to say especially when they are in a huge meeting, so that there will be a bell that sounds when someone wants to talk.
- Integrated Teams and RealWear HMT-1 head-mounted devices. This Microsoft Teams feature will make it easier for workers in the field to be able to access information and communicate remotely with experts more easily from their work locations.
- Easier Scheduling. This Microsoft Teams feature is to ensure that schedules such as patient health consultations, client meetings, job candidate interviews can be easily scheduled, managed and conducted.
- Chat in a Separate Window. This Microsoft Teams feature makes it easy for users to bring up chat in a separate window to help streamline the workflow and switch more easily between conversations in progress.
- Support for offline and low bandwidth. This Microsoft Teams feature allows you to read chat messages and write responses even without an internet connection. So you can do things anywhere easily.
- Background Effects. This Microsoft Teams feature makes background videos when being held online meetings blurred. With this feature, making meeting participants can replace the video background they have with the images provided. Later, Microsoft will develop this feature so users can upload their own images for the background.
- Security Directly from Microsoft. Security is very superior because it is supported directly and developed by Microsoft so that Microsoft Teams keeps your data safe. In addition, Microsoft Teams can also create separate channels so that the confidentiality of your data and information related to personal data can be kept confidential.
- Increased Group Chat Capacity. There is an update made by Microsoft Teams, which is increasing the capacity of group chats from previously 100 participants to 250 participants which will make it easier for you and your company to communicate and collaborate. However, for a maximum capacity of video calls is 20 participants.
These various Microsoft Teams features can certainly help you to be more productive and efficient in communicating and collaborating with coworkers so that targets are reached, especially in the current Work From Home condition. VADS Indonesia can assist you in providing Microsoft Teams bundled with Microsoft 365. By using services from VADS Indonesia, you will get on-site support and user onboarding that are certified and ready to assist you in 24x7 to help you work using Microsoft 365 especially using Microsoft Teams. Contact us at email@example.com for technical support to meet your needs to increase productivity and save your business costs during Work From Home. Increase your productivity while #DiRumahAja now with Microsoft 365 from VADS Indonesia. For more information, click www.vads.co.id.