- Productive in Pandemic Period with Training Services
Productive in Pandemic Period with Training Services
09 October 2020
The atmosphere of VADS Indonesia training during a pandemic using Microsoft Teams
The existence of the Covid-19 pandemic changed the way people work. Limited distance and large-scale social restrictions have led some companies to change the way they work. All industries change their way of working and adapt to a new normal life or what is known as the "New Normal". However, this limitation does not make companies stop here, it takes innovation and careful planning to survive and continue to provide optimal service to its customers.
Service Excellence has always been a key value for VADS Indonesia to always provide full service to its loyal clients. In the current situation of the Covid-19 pandemic, VADS Indonesia has carried out a number of initiatives in an effort to maintain productivity, one of which is providing training to CEC (Customer Engagement Champion) through online and offline training with the aim of improving superior human resource skills.
The limitations faced must make training, which is usually only done face-to-face, into an online method. There are many changes that must be made in changing the method from offline to online, one of which is reducing the daily training duration from the previous 8 hours to 4 hours per day, reducing this duration makes adjustments to the material to be delivered.
Switching to an online method cannot be denied that this can make trainees easily tired due to the lack of nonverbal communication, meeting locations that only stare at the screen all day long and do not move, and various technical errors such as dead internet connection or lag in meeting applications the meeting lasts 45 minutes to 60 minutes waiting for the lag to be fixed.
However, this obstacle is not a challenge to continue to hone one's abilities. The VADS Indonesia Learning and Development Team always tries to bring a new atmosphere and themes to the training held. Several training activities were recorded, both online and face-to-face. One of the activities that were held last September was on “Personality Plus and Correspondence Skill: Email Handling” given to operational teams, especially CEC in Jakarta and Yogyakarta.
- Personality plus training discusses 4 (four) personality types according to the theory written by Florence Littauer, the purpose of providing this material is so that participants can understand the heterogeneity in the scope of work so that they can communicate effectively with each personality type. Discussions in training activities also make the training atmosphere very fluid and make it easier for participants to understand the topics being conveyed.
- Correspondence Skill Training: Email Handling which is held online. Email handling is an integral part of customer service, that's why this training is held so that participants are able to understand how to handle email properly, master ethics in using email, understand techniques for making professional email with the personal touch, and choose sentences and words -the appropriate word when sending an email.
The VADS Indonesia Learning and Development Team runs online training using Microsoft Teams media. Microsoft Teams is a feature of Microsoft 365 that works for video conferencing and collaboration. Microsoft Teams has several advantages such as:
- Sophisticated data security system so you don't have to worry about data leaks
- Complete messaging solution
- Fully integrated with Microsoft 365
- There are many add-ins
- Present on various platforms such as Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS
- Support for offline and low bandwidth
This online training was first held on 19 May 2020 with the theme of Social Media for Business with the aim that CEC friends and Team Leaders understand the use of social media in the contact center world, including how to communicate with customers using social media effectively.
In addition, the learning development team also conducts online training for internal VADS Indonesia which aims to provide education related to products and services from VADS Indonesia. In addition, this internal online training aims to improve the skills and knowledge of VADS Indonesia employees.
However, offline training continues by implementing health protocols such as using masks and face shields, washing hands before entering the room with the hand sanitizer that has been provided in the room, and also maintaining distance during training so that there is a maximum quota in each room to keep your distance.
VADS Indonesia has a Customer Service Learning Center solution as a training center that provides trainers, modules, development programs for both individuals and teams. Have a comprehensive curriculum for training moderated by professional trainers. The location and type of implementation can also be adjusted according to company needs. The types of training provided by VADS Indonesia include analysis of training needs, consulting, customer service, leadership, interpersonal development, motivation, training for trainers, and digital marketing. The benefits of using the VADS Indonesia Learning Center are:
- Training that can be tailored by certified and experienced trainers and experts in their fields
- Increase motivation and engagement between employees and the company
- Improve skills and knowledge to employees about service to company customers.
Kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consultation on the training for your company's needs.